Advertising: I sell ads. Let's work together to create a package that meets your needs. I accept payment through PayPal and personal check. Please contact me for a rate card, availability and ad sizes. Ads subject to availability.
Sponsored content: If your pitch involves 'sharing information with my readers,' be prepared to receive a response with my rates. Let's work together to create a program for your client/brand. Whether it's one post or an entire campaign across platforms (video, Pinterest, Facebook,Twitter), I want to help create exposure for brands that fit my site.
Guest posts: I do not accept unsolicited guest posts.
Affiliates: I do use affiliate links on this site. I will disclose this at the end of the posts.
Giveaways: Giveaways take time. Depending on the nature of your contest, there may be an additional fee involved if you'd like me to promote beyond the initial post, especially if there are time constraints involved.
Sponsors are responsible for shipping items to the winner(s) unless otherwise noted and/or previously arranged. I find that my readers value giveaways paired with a personal review. Read my review policies and 'holla only if you agree to them.
All giveaways are open to US residents only unless otherwise noted. Winners are responsible for providing accurate contact information within the time allotted (generally 48 hours unless otherwise specified) or an alternate winner will be chosen.
Reviews: I'm scaling back the amount of reviews I do. Basically, your item needs to knock my stilettos off. I like to offer reviews and/or giveaways of products that are of interest to me, my family and/or my readers. I'm very picky about what I will review on my blog. PR people are welcome to send a pitch describing the promotion/giveaway/product/website/what they had for lunch.
I ask that you please follow these rules for submission:
1. Please make sure you know my name and a little bit about me and my blog before you submit. I like people who do their homework. You can read more about me in the 'about me' section and take a gander through the archives or favorite posts.
2. "Brevity is the soul of lingerie" -Dorothy Parker
Please keep your initial contact brief and to the point. If I need more info, I'll get back to you with questions.
3. If you use my comments sections as free advertising you will be on my shit list.
5. Remember I'm a mom first!
7. I reserve the right not to do a review, which generally means I found the product, how shall I say it? Not something I'd spend my husband's hard earned money on.
8. If your pitch is child related, please take note: my almost 10 year old son is into the Detroit Red Wings, Star Wars, Legos, skateboarding and surfing. He's reading books like the Percy Jackson, Warriors, Lemony Snicket, Hunger Games and Harry Potter series; and has his own iPod Touch and a Nintendo DSi. He wishes he had an iPad. He plays ice hockey. We have a Wii and a Playstation 3. If what you're pitching doesn't fall into those areas of interest chances are I'll say, 'no thank you' rather than waste your time.
9. I ask that the review and/or giveaway item have a value of $50 or more (exception would be a book, new music or something similar). I'm happy to offer a coupon code along with the review and ask that it be a minimum of 15%. (I may make exceptions to this depending on the product).
10. Please provide logos and/or press releases where applicable.
Submission of a product doesn't guarantee a review, and it doesn't guarantee a positive review. I am honest, sometimes to a fault, but I'm not mean. I can't review something I've not held, smelled, tasted, read, watched, played with or worn. That's not a review, it's a press release.
I don't return samples (half-eaten candy, anyone?) and getting the product to me in enough time to adequately review it, is on your dime. If you're asking for a review of a service or website, please give me enough of a trial period to adequately use it, especially if it's something for my son.
I can't review every product that comes my way. I also can't respond to every pitch I get. I will do my best to respond to your initial request in a timely manner, but do nudge me (gently) if it takes more than a few days for me to let you know I've received your pitch.
Disclosure: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The views and opinions on this blog are my own. For questions about this blog, please contact Melanie at ADramaticMommy[at]gmail.com.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. The owner believes in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, the opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products is honest. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Revised June 2012