Going green and changing the impact my family has on the environment can often seem daunting. Sometimes it's hard for me to know where to start, what changes to make, what we can afford to do and what changes will have the most impact.
I believe we all need to be more conscious of what is happening to our planet, but I also believe in doing what is practical for you and your family. I'd love to stop using paper towels, but know I'd never be able to keep up with the laundry so I try to buy recycled ones and I use cloth towels for dusting and light cleaning.
One change I have been able to stick with is using environmentally friendly laundry soap. When I saw an ad for today's sponsor, I emailed and they responded right away with a really great offer for THREE winners!
Dropps are concentrated liquid gel pods just like ones for the dishwasher. They dissolve immediately, are biodegradable and are phosphate, chlorine and NPE free (I had to look up the last one, it's nonylphenol ethoxylate). Dropps are sold online through their site, Amazon and Drugstore; and in Target, Wal Mart and Whole Foods.
They come in three sizes: 2,20 and 26 load pouches. I asked if a larger size is available through Costco or Sam's. A 42 load size will be available in December but only at the current locations. They come in a Fresh scent or dye-free non-scented which would be good for hubby's eczema.
One winner will receive a three-month supply of Dropps! That's 60 washloads (three 20 load pouches)! And two runners up will receive sample packages.
**Update: The literal second I hit publish, the doorbell rang with my samples! I'm not being dramatic either. I swear! Funny how things like that happen. Like when you think of a song and it comes on the radio. Anyway, I gathered up some of the mountains of my laundry and used one of the 2-load packs for a large load. The packs float and look like dying jellyfish while they're dissolving.
1. Go to the Dropps site to read more about their environmental benefits.
2. Come back here and leave a comment on this post and tell me your impressions or what you're doing to be more green - required.
3. I MUST have a way to get in touch with you! NoReply@Blogger will not send you a response. I will have to delete comments with no contact info.
4. Comments will close on Friday, October 31st at 11:59pm CA time.
5. I will use random.org to draw the winners and post the results/notify winner via email and in a "Winners" post on Saturday 11/1. The lowest number will be grand prize winner.